NCLT Volunteer Position: Newsletter Editor Volunteer
Position Summary: North County Land Trust is looking for a committed volunteer who can help ensure the NCLT monthly newsletter is sent out to the NCLT audience with current news articles and upcoming events in a timely manner. This is a great position for a creative person who has great attention to detail and enjoys presenting information to the public. This is an independent volunteer position and volunteers can set their own schedule to meet the needs of the Outreach & Engagement Coordinator.
- Provide an accurate synopsis of events and articles from the website to be placed in the newsletter template by the end of the current month for the upcoming month (for example: ready by the end of February for March’s newsletter)
- Create links to other sources (NCLT website posts/events, partner websites, etc.)
- Find photos and create simple graphics, when needed
- Represent NCLT’s mission of conservation in North Central MA
- If you have questions, communicate with the appropriate NCLT staff member
- Strong attention to detail and grammar/spelling skills
- Prior copyediting/proofreading experience
- Marketing skills is a plus
- Ability to complete tasks within a short time to meet deadline (generally around 1 week, in some cases sooner)
- Ability to create simple graphics (using platforms such as Canva) and edit photos
- Commitment to conservation and aligned with NCLT mission
Time Commitment/Schedule Details:
- Approximately 8-12 hours, once a month, at time of choosing to meet deadline
- Working individually
- Computer usage
- Can be done from home
Maybe this position isn’t for you but you’re still looking to volunteer with NCLT, here are a few other types of volunteers we’re currently looking for:
- Trail Volunteer: Working with NCLT’s Stewardship Coordinator and other trail volunteers to maintain the NCLT trails during designated trail work days.
- Photographer: Someone who can help us capture photos of our properties in all seasons to be used in various media, including print. Experience is appreciated.
Please go to the Volunteer page to fill out the Volunteer Interest Form